Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Believe In Fresh Starts

Hi everyone! This week is my last week as the CASE Study muse. :( It has been so fabulous seeing the cards and the different interpretations. Thank you, thank you to everyone who has played along, and a big thank you to Chupa for inviting me. Here is the last inspiration card:



You can read about the original post HERE. This card was a hybrid, and while the colors are not true neon, they're pretty close (I don't have a printer that will print neon). I liked the movement of the half-tone and splatter images, the bright colors, and the hybrid design, but I wanted to use those elements in a different style:



It's a true hybrid--the stamping and sentiment are digitally done, but I added embellishments and matted the card front on patterned paper. I started with the digital butterfly image from Creashens--I altered the hue and increased the intensity to make the colors closer to the inspiration card. I also did some altering of the sentiment from Robyn Meierotto (it was on notebook paper).

I printed the panel on photo paper and on vellum. I fussy-cut one of the vellum butterflies to add some layering. To finish the panel, I added a little white and yellow Mister Huey's splatter and a mix of sequins and enamel dots. Here's a close-up:




If you get a chance to play, you can link up your cards on the CASE Study site. I can't wait to see what you make! Starting next week, there will be a 3rd anniversary celebration for CASE Study. Be sure to check it out starting on 8/1.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend.


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) PTI; (Premium Matte Photo Paper) OfficeMax
Patterned paper: (from the Sketchbook collection) Amy Tangerine for American Crafts
Digital elements: (sentiment from Snippets: Love) Robyn Meierotto; (butterfly image from Just Like That Add-on) Creashens, both for Pixels & Co.
Embellishments: (enamel dots) My Mind's Eye; (flat sequin) Kelly Purkey at Simon Says Stamp; (pink sequin) Avery Elle; (white sequin) Hobby Lobby
Spray mists: (Taxi; Opaque White) Mister Huey's


25 comments:

  1. Such a sweet and cheery card...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow totally gorgeous.. great color combo.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the digital images and how you added the vellum and the sentiment is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shut the front door! That first card is super fun, and your second take on it is soft, beautiful, and feminine - and yet the inspiration is completely clear. CRAZY talent, Jocelyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on your own card! This is beautiful and so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful :) Love every card, stunner after stunner :), I am ur new follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the sentiment and the pretty butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! love how the elements flow together.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of your cards Jocelyn...Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one with the butterflies is so DREAMY!!
    You always knock my socks off!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man. I missed your stint as muse. Have to revisit all when vacay is over. Love this card as much as your original. Why does "wispy" come to mind?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This is absolutely amazing. Love the colours and layout. You do this style so well... I'm envious...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card just mesmerises me, Jocelyn! I haven't attempted hybrid cards yet (it scares me silly), but this card really tempts me to try! You've probably told us before, but can I ask what printer you use? And what program do you use to put it all together?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Jocelyn! Love your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous!! I am IN LOVE with the colors and loveeeeeeeee the butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Drat... I so did want to join in your month at CAS(E) but have no idea where the last 2 months have gone, I haven't had time to scratch myself lol. Your card is (of course) stunning Jocelyn and so inspirational I may just have to CASE it anyway (that is.. after our visitors leave and I get back from holidays and I catch up with my DT cards.....) Hugs Therese

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so disappointed that July has not been much of a cardmaking month for me, I would have loved to play along! But of course, your cards are always an inspiration, Jocelyn. This current one is no exception! And could you have found a better sentiment? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO EXCITED!! I actually got to play along this week!! =) I have been wanting too each week, but they have all just FLOWN by!! Anyway, LOVED your Inspiration all month and looking forward to seeing more!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved the original card, Jocelyn, but I love the new one even more because it rings so true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful! I love how you completely switched up the style and feel of the card. Love your sentiment, too....it seems very fitting for me right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs