Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hugs and Kisses

Hi everyone! I have been so crazy busy. Yikes! I did get to see some of last week's CASE Study cards, and wow! It is so cool to see how people CASE'd the butterfly card.

It's time for a new CASE Study challenge, and here is the card:


You can read about the original card HERE. It was a Valentine's Day card that I gave to my in-laws. :)

I seldom make photo cards, but I liked the idea of making another one. I also wanted to keep the idea of a frame around the picture and the taller card shape. I ended up making this hybrid card:




This card was one of those that looks very CAS but actually had a bunch of steps (can anyone else relate?).

I started with the photos and loaded them into Photoshop. I ran a Buttercream Photoshop action on each of the photos to give them the high-contrast look. Then, I opened the Paislee Press's Photo Booth Love frame, cropped off one of the frames, recolored it black, and clipped each photo to the frame. Phew!

The rest of the card had lots of die-cutting. I wanted to keep the heart theme from the first card, so I die-cut the heart border out of clear cardstock and a couple of silver glitterstock hearts. There are also a die-cut banner in a white shimmer cardstock and a scallop border out of vellum. I like the different white on white layers:



I finished the card by masking and stamping the Hero Arts sentiment and tucking it under the larger red heart. Seeing these pictures of my son cracks me up. He looks like he's puckering up in the second photo!

I'm hoping you'll play along with this week's CASE Study challenge. You can link up your projects HERE. I can't wait to see what you make!

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies
Cardstock: (white shimmer for banner) Bazzill; (White Woodgrain) Simon Says Stamp; (vellum) Hobby Lobby; (white under sentiment) PTI; (silver glitterstock) Doodlebug Design
Patterned paper: (red from Fact line) BasicGrey
Clear stamp: ("kisses" from Year Round Sentiments) Hero Arts
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Digital element: (Photo Booth Love) Paislee Press at The Lilypad--This frame is a freebie!
Dies: (Heart Border) PTI; (large red heart from Hearts) Lawn Fawn; (Mini Hearts Set die) Simon Says Stamp; (Fishtail Banner; Scallop Border) My Favorite Things

14 comments:

  1. Super cute! I can totally see the love and time placed into this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Love the hearts across the top, the stitching, te vellum. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMYGOSH!! I loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING those photos and love love love love all the hearts!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The mix of textures is gorgeous, and the pics are the cutest ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos are absolutely precious! I love your use of texture on this card with all the neutral elements. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your son is adorable and your card is awesome! Love all the layers and textures.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son is SO CUTE!!! Look at that face :)
    I can totally relate - I find my supply lists for CAS cards are often twice as long as for more detailed ones. WTH is that about? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tooo stinkin' cute! Awesome CAS card and the pics are sooooo adorable! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs