It's July, and we're kicking off this month's CASE Study Challenge. :) Here's my original card, made back in February 2012:
You can read about the original post HERE. If you look at the second card in the post, there are three die-cut butterflies that are camouflaged on the left side of the card.
I wanted to keep the butterflies, the popped-up die cut, and the layers of stamps from the original card. For my new card, I wanted to create a focal point, play with the colors, and change the design of the sentiment. Here's what I came up with:
To create the background, I stamped different butterfly images, changing the size and the orientation. For each butterfly, I created a new layer in Photoshop. Once I was done, I reduced the opacity of some of the stamped layers--the result was some butterflies are more grey and transparent.
I stamped the violet butterfly in the center and then printed out the panel twice. I fussy cut the single butterfly and popped it up with foam tape like I did in the original card.
For the sentiment I used one of Kristina Werner's stamps from the You Can Do Anything set...love that set! I like black/white/grey/pink/yellow together, so I used a bright yellow card base.
I hope you can play along with this week's CASE Study challenge. You can link up your projects HERE. I can't wait to see what you make with the image!
Thanks for stopping by!
Cardstock: (Curry) The Paper Source; (Smokey Shadow, white) PTI
Stamps: (sentiment from You Can Do Anything) Simon Says Stamp; (butterfly digital brush) Adrienne Looman--discontinued
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Tools: Photoshop Elements