Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I Believe in You

Hi everyone! A little while ago, the ever-inspiring Chupa asked me to be the July muse for CASE Study. Eek! Me? It was one of those moments where I thought I better reply quickly in case she accidentally sent it to the wrong address. :) What an honor!

It's July, and we're kicking off this month's CASE Study Challenge. :) Here's my original card, made back in February 2012:



You can read about the original post HERE. If you look at the second card in the post, there are three die-cut butterflies that are camouflaged on the left side of the card.

I wanted to keep the butterflies, the popped-up die cut, and the layers of stamps from the original card. For my new card, I wanted to create a focal point, play with the colors, and change the design of the sentiment. Here's what I came up with:



To create the background, I stamped different butterfly images, changing the size and the orientation. For each butterfly, I created a new layer in Photoshop. Once I was done, I reduced the opacity of some of the stamped layers--the result was some butterflies are more grey and transparent.

I stamped the violet butterfly in the center and then printed out the panel twice. I fussy cut the single butterfly and popped it up with foam tape like I did in the original card.



For the sentiment I used one of Kristina Werner's stamps from the You Can Do Anything set...love that set! I like black/white/grey/pink/yellow together, so I used a bright yellow card base.

I hope you can play along with this week's CASE Study challenge. You can link up your projects HERE. I can't wait to see what you make with the image!

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies
Cardstock: (Curry) The Paper Source; (Smokey Shadow, white) PTI
Stamps: (sentiment from You Can Do Anything) Simon Says Stamp; (butterfly digital brush) Adrienne Looman--discontinued
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Tools: Photoshop Elements

17 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Creating a stunner from an already stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure which card I love best - I hadn't realised at first that there were die-cuts on top - you are so clever and creative!
    So glad to see you as the muse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS on your CASE Study MUSE month Jocelyn - looking forward to lots more FAB inspiration! LOVE both gorgeous butterfly cards :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH EM GEE this is awesome! I loved that card, and I love your new take on it. SUPER HUGE congrats on being the CASE Study Muse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on being the muse! love the case!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you made your digi background, will definitely try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are awesome! Congrats! So deserved and I LOVE this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the inspiration ... I had a blast creating my digital butterfly card this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How AWESOME!! And no surprise! You are AMAZING! I loveeeeeeeeee your original card and the latest one!! Those butterflies are GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Jocelyn! No surprise that you would be a muse to so many. I love that you used a yellow base. This card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome news, Miss Lady!! You SO deserve this honor!!! Awesome work as always!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just noticed the camouflaged butterflies in your original card after reading your post. How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card! I love the unexpected pop of the yellow base. You are so deserving of this spotlight -- and I only wish I could play along!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on being a Muse! Fabulous cards (both) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your GD gig, this card is a perfect start, love your 're-take' version too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs