Monday, July 11, 2011

Love You...

Howdy! I took some time today to make a card for the Moxie Fab World Beautiful Borders challenge:


I used patterned paper from Basic Grey, Echo Park (2 or 3 lines) and Cosmo Cricket. All of the patterned papers (and Echo Park borders) were on my craft table {you know it's time to clean when you find papers from the PC Go-To-Sketches 2 call on your desk}. I punched or used scissors to decorate the edges of the borders. The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday's Love Always Wins set.

I opted on that sentiment as a tribute to my dog, Gracie. This weekend, we had to make the gut-wrenching decision to put Gracie to sleep. For the past 3 weeks she had been going downhill quickly, and she spent all of last week in the vet clinic or animal hospital. We brought her home on Friday after the vet told us she would probably would not live through the weekend.

Needless to say, the grief has been pretty overwhelming. It's been hard to undo 14 years of habits. I keep finding myself at the back door trying to grab a leash... I keep looking for her in her bed in the living room... Our cat keeps wandering around looking for her, too.

I got Gracie when I was in graduate school, living in Texas (I always imagined she had a Texas drawl). Hubby came into the picture about a year later, and she thought he was acceptable. :) So, it was the 3 of us for the next 7 years until the first kiddo came along. She was such an awesome dog...zippy but not high strung. She was a trooper through our many moves. I miss her so much. Here's one of my favorite pictures of her; I think she looks like she's smiling:


Thanks for reading....I still haven't been able to talk about her, but it helps to write. It was also helpful this weekend to get lost in the card blog world and look at some amazing cards.

Thanks, friends.

20 comments:

  1. Oh, Jocelyn, I'm so very sorry to hear about Gracie! It's a hellish decision to have to make (we went through it in March with our girl Scout). As heartbreaking as it was I was grateful that we were able to give her the gift of releasing her from her pain especially after all she'd given to us over the years. That's a gorgeous picture of her with her sweet little grin. :) Cry your eyes out for her and then remember her in her glory and all the love and laughter you shared with her. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card. It's gorgeous and full of vibrance and life - much like Gracie was I imagine. A perfect tribute to her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear, Jocelyn! I really like the bright colors and mix of borders on your card. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so bright and happy, much like your puppy must have meant to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you huge hugs Jocelyn. So sorry for your loss.

    Absolutely LOVE your bright and cheerful card. Hoping the brightness helps you through this dark time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Jocelyn, I'm so very sorry to hear about Gracie! ...I can feel you... hang in there....And your card is so pretty .... love the colors... hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What can I say, but that I am thinking of you at this sad time. Our 'furchildren' are such an important part of our families and leave a big hole in our hearts when they are gone. Your card is a totally perfect tribute with it's lovely bright colours. Hugs from Therese x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jocelyn! Thanks for linking this up to the Beautiful Borders challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet little dog, Jocelyn. You've created a beatiful card in tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love all of the bright colors. Sorry to hear about your pup. Westies are the best aren't they? The hubby and I have two of them. They are 2 and 4 and so lovable! Sending positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry that you lost Gracie, Jocelyn! Keep remembering her. I'm sure she's smiling in puppy dog heaven for all the love you shared and memories you've given each other. Your card is a wonderful tribute to Gracie. I love the beautiful colours and TT sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your happy and bright card, Jocelyn! It reflects the happiness that Gracie had brought to you and family! I'm so sorry for your loss. Keep crafting and it will help..a little bit! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Jocelyn, I'm so sorry to hear about your Gracie. She looks like a beautiful dog in the picture and that smile is so full of happiness--you can tell she was very well loved for all of her long life. Hugs to you from me and long distances licks from Addison.

    Fabulous tribute card-I hope seeing those bright and happy colors on your desk will help you see a little bit of sunshine during the tough times ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cuteeeee card, Jocelyn! I love the bright colors and fun patterns of the papers. Fabulous work!
    I'm so sorry to read about Gracie. Pets truly become a part of our families, and it's very hard to lose them. But I'm sure you made her life super enjoyable throughout the past years and she loved you and your family very much. Just focus on THAT!!!.... The good times! :)
    Hope you are feeling better soon. Sending big, big HUGS your way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very sorry to read this agonizing post! What a hard decision to make and such an adorable companion for so long...what a blessing for 14 years, and I know I wouldn't be able to talk about such a loss either. What a beautiful tribute to Gracie. You should frame it and always remember her when you look at it! Many many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Jocelyn. Hugs, and more hugs. Losing a friend is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry for your loss....like a part of your heart missing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love this card. The colors and patterns and punches and fussy cut sentiment are all so great together. I am going to pin this to pinterest so I can scraplift it later!

    And so so sorry to read about Gracie. We are dog people and have lost one. It's so heartbreaking. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry about Gracie! It's rough isn't it! I think you already noticed, but I linked this up on Practical Scrappers today - I just love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a great way to use the boarders. I love this card and the colors are just so cool. Great card..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs