Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Birthday Surprise and an Announcement

Hi friends! This week, the Create blog's challenge is birthday cards. I've been wanting to make a card with a flower technique I found over on the Cosmo Cricket blog, but I was debating how to turn it into a birthday card (beyond the sentiment). Here's the card I came up with:


The flower was super easy to make! I used 6 die-cut scalloped circles (~ 3" in diameter) from the Bazzill patterned paper and folded each circle according to the video. After stapling each piece, I glued them together and then attached the flower to a base to give it some stability. Way easy. I think it took me longer to pick out the buttons! And yes, I added a little twine from the Twinery. Here's a close-up:

I added strips of patterned paper and a sentiment from PTI. But I still didn't think the card was "birthday" enough. So, I did something to the flower...


Yep, it's a pin you could wear on your big day! I attached the pin with Diamond Glaze (although in retrospect I probably should have stitched it to the paper) and then used removable tape to attach the flower to the card. I may have to wear it on my upcoming b-day. :)

I also have exciting news! I was asked to be the design team coordinator for a new digital stamp & paper company, Print Candee. Yippee! I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm surrounded by some uber-talented designers:


Their work just blows me away, and I'm so excited to be working with them! It's very humbling. We'll be having a blog hop on August 31st to kick-off our term (with lots of giveaways), so please be sure to check back. In the meantime, check out the Print Candee website. They have fab patterned papers, stamps, and SVG files...super cute and fun items. Go see!

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

Here are the deets:
Stamps: (Think Big Favorites #1) PTI
Ink: (Berrylicious) ColorBox
Patterned Papers: (Jaybird collection) Bazzill; (Summer Days collection, Splash collection) Echo Park; (older collection) Bo Bunny
Dies: (Small Scalloped Circle) Spellbinders
Buttons: (pink) PTI; (yellow) My Favorite Things
Twine: (Pink Sorbey) The Twinery

26 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! You go with your DT Coordinator self! LOL! Awesome news and with you and Therese on the team it is sure to rock!

    Love your card. The colours are gorgeous and I've been wanting to try those flowers too.

    So when's you birthday??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is GORGEOUS, simply love the flower and the colours you've used. Wow!!

    Congrats on becoming the DT coordinator! I'll be sure to join your blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one gorgeous flower!
    Congratulations on your super sweet news! I KNOW you will be a fabulous coordinator and make fabulous projects with items from the Print Candee store! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the new Print Candee DT! I'm so excited to be working with everyone and for having "no idea what you're doing" you're doing an amazing job. :) This will be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those colors and that big flower is totally fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahoo! Congrats, lady! Have fun coordinating ;)

    Today's card is so colorful and fabulous, too -- Love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!! Hope you have fun with it!

    LOVE your bright and cheerful card. The flower is fab and the tape is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being on the Design team for Print Candee. You will love Digital stamps...
    Love your birthday card... Cute idea with the Pin..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new DT gig! Way to go! And what a super-fun birthday card. The flower is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey Jocelyn... WOW ~ That is one Super gorgeous flower!You rocked it... the choice PP simply awesome too...
    Congratulations on your super sweet news!You deserved it my dear friend... I KNOW you will be a fabulous coordinator!!! hugs...so happy for you...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so cute. Love the flower and the idea to turn it into a pin is excellent!!

    Congrats on your new gig as design team coordinator!! I'm sure you'll do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new position! love that flower on your card - I totally ran out of time for the Create challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, congrats, congrats! I can't wait, we are going to have sooo much fun! Also should mention, this is a fab card and I especially love that birthday brooch! (Oh, and congrats on your well deserved win with the glittery glue dot sun... told you it was great!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great announcement! Congratulations. You will have a lot of fun and stretch your imagination.

    The card is beautiful. Wish someone would give it to me on my birthday.
    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  15. First off that flower is gorgeous! I love your card! And second...Congrats! How fun! I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the flower!! Congrats on becoming the coordinator over at Print Candee!!! Found your blog through the Print Candee blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats many times over! Your card is totally fab and I love the beautiful summer colors! That yellow button is so bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. super fab card and flower! congrats on your new dt spot too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this one too! I LOVE LOVE LOVE making handmade flowers - its just so fun! But the twist you put on it by making it a pin is just amazing!! Such a ca-ute idea!!

    Ps congrats on your DT gig! I'll totally come hop along ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woohoo, congratulations, Jocelyn! That is some mighty fine company! I can't wait to see what you make for Print Candee. I love the beautiful papers on your card. They are bright, bold and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your birthday card is GORGEOUS!! I'm excited for you with your new venture with Print Candee! I definitely will cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This is gorgeous, so bright and fun. :)

    Congrats on your new DT role!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Huge congrats on the DT!!! Very, very exciting news :)
    I love this pin - what an awesome idea for a birthday gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay...I think you are going to be a FAB DT co-ordinator! Looking forward to the next 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Woot! Congrats on being featured over on the Create blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This card is so cute and I love that it can be turned into a pin! How creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs