Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Deepest Sympathy

Wow, three days of posts in a row? I think that's a record for me. Next week, I'll be doing Growing in Unity week, and I'll have posts 5 days in a row. I guess I'm in training mode. ha ha

Today the Print Candee Creative Team is having a blog hop, and you should be coming from Lisa's blog.

Sadly, it's our last blog hop together. It's been a great year, and I have enjoyed working with my teammates tremendously. They are so uber-talented! Thank you to Print Candee for letting us serve on the Creative Team. I'm going to miss everyone!

Our theme this time is "anything goes." I made a card that turned into a sympathy card--kind of a downer, but good to have on hand. Here it is:



There is a smidge of inking on the edges, but the background and blooms are digital. I started with a green shape, loaded the Ethereal Bokeh overlay on top. I love how it looks like water droplets.

On top of the background, I used Flower Silhouettes digital brushes and stamped the flower image twice. I reduced the opacity way down to show the background through it. When I was done, I thought it looked like a sympathy card, and so I added a sympathy sentiment. Here's a close-up:



I finished off the card with some twine and a wooden button. I love that I can just print the card in a pinch, and even change the background color (wouldn't it be pretty in peach?) and stamp the sentiment.

You can find the products at the Print Candee store. Thanks for looking! 


I'm the last one in the hop, but if you haven't started, you can visit (the amazing) Therese's blog. Thank you!

Supplies
Digital stamps: (Flower Silhouettes digital brush) Pink Pueblo at Print Candee
Clear stamp: (sentiment) Hero Arts
Digital overlay (Ethereal Bokeh) Sonya DeHart Designs at Print Candee
Cardstock: (Sweet Tooth) Stamp School
Other paper: (ultra premium presentation paper) Office Max
Ink: (sentiment--Walnut Distress Ink; edges--Antique Linen Distress Ink) Ranger

22 comments:

  1. I've never tried digi stamping other than stamping and colouring images. This is sooo beautiful I must give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful digital card! It's nice to be able to just print out a quick card for any occasion--even a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief, you know you're spoiling us for more, right? Love it :)
    I agree with you, it's better to have the sympathy cards on hand than to have to try & make one when you need it. This is gorgeous - I love the soft colours, and silhouettes are one of my go-to choices for sympathy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... what a stunning card Jocelyn!!!... I love the digital Flower silhouttes...gorgeous... perfect for sympathy theme... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning!! I admire and envy your digi knowledge. It is on my bucket list and you have inspired me even more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful... loving the soft colors and the button!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Jocelyn! So soft and pretty. Thank YOU for being an awesome Co-ordinator. You are amazing and I have had such fun working with you and the rest of the team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Jocelyn! You're right - it would look gorgeous in peach too. Love that button and the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful design. Love how you used digi for the background too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you can reduce opacity on digit to create another look? OMG there is a whole world out there and I am oblivious to what it can do! YOU are a computer queen! this card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so sad it is the last blog hop...your card is stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  12. So soft and pretty, it's always so hard to make these kinds of cards, but this is wonderful. Love how you did the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, what a bummer that the team is disbanding! You've all done such a wonderful job with their products. This is so soft and soothing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So soft and gorgeous...so peaceful and serene!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This year has been totally awesome! Its sad that we are no longer together on a team, but I will be stalking as I can't resist seeing what you've been up to! Thanks for all your hard work as the team co-ordinator it wouldn't have happened without you! ps your card is pure elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card Jocelyn! Sympathy cards are the toughest to make, in my opinion. You want to make them interesting, but not too flashy, and they certainly need to be a very high quality card. This totally fits the bill! Plus, whenever you need them it's usually unplanned and in a rush. So great to have them on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad that you made this card because that was the direction your design took you, and not that you needed it right away. It's a stunner, and perfect. Sorry to hear your time with Print Candee is up! Your creations for them have been amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So soft and beautiful! Love the button and the twine. Great card to have on hand because you never feel like making them when you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful Jocelyn! I love visiting your blog....I truly admire your ability to adapt your style to the various challenges! A well deserved Top 15 finish in the idol adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card--LOVE the soft colors! Unfortunately, I needed several sympathy cards this past week. I might have to CAS this one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so nice. Who has designed it? The companies have need of such designer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs