Monday, June 4, 2012

Have a Dream...

On Friday morning, I found out I had made the Paper Crafts Magazine's Gallery Idol Top 20. I think I started hyperventilating when I saw my picture on the PC Connections blog. I think my kids were scared by my response (well, only for a second, and then they ignored me and went back to watching Dora). Holy moly! Little ole' me! Thanks, PC!

All the comments and e-mails meant so much to me. Thank you, everyone, for your well-wishes! It's hard knowing how many well-deserving designers there were in the competition--there were some breathtaking cards in the gallery. It means even more to read those supportive comments from others.

Here's my card and I feel that the sentiment is appropriate:


I I love those subtle chevrons on the background paper...I think I'm certifiably a chevron/zigzag addict. :)  

It was a whirlwind weekend working on my card for the next round. Be sure to check back at 12:00 MDT today for my Round 2 card. I'm excited about it!

Thank you all again! 


13 comments:

  1. Your card is amazing Jocelyn and I can't wait to see what you made for the first round! Congrats on making the first cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO well deserved, Jocelyn! I can't wait to see your Round 2 creation. Wishing you the best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But the question is: how did you stamp the flowers and the sentiment. I studied the card well and couldn't figure it out. I think this calls for a tutorial ;) congrats on being chosen. You know I am a fan...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoop whoop! Can't wait to see your post later today! Thought of you over the weekend and hoped you were having fun with it and not stressing too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Jocelyn! I can't wait to see your Round 2 card! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! I can see why you were chosen, this card is so well balanced and such a great combo of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so, so, so, so SUPER excited you made the top 20. I'm going to be cheering you on all the way to number ONE girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is gorgeous!!! Hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! I love the partial stitching, too. Definitely worthy of a spot in the Top 20!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You already know how much I freakin' LOVE this card but I'll tell you again. Very deserving of the top 20! Congrats again.... hugs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my WOW! I can see why they chose your card Jocelyn! It is just beautiful! A big congrats coming your way from me! Have a fun journey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs