Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hello Boo-tiful!

Happy Thursday! This week has flown by, and it's already time for another Play Date Cafe post. This week's the challenge is a color splash with plum as the color:


That plum color is so pretty, and it instantly made me think of Halloween. I got out my new Teri Anderson Technique Tuesday stamps and made this card:


That spider just cracks me up! I love these stamps. :)

I started off by misting black cardstock with Graphite and Blueberry Metallic mist and then embossing the spider and sentiment over. I'm not sure if it was misting first or luck, but I had almost no stray embossing powder to remove (with embossing powder that never seems to cooperate). I'll have to try embossing over misting again to see if it was a fluke.

Here's a close-up so you can see that cool metallic mist:



And since I am officially addicted to metallics at the moment, I made some metallic confetti. I took sequins, punched holes in them, and used the punched pieces. My husband thought I was completely nuts when he saw the residual sequins on the dining room table. hee hee

Want to play along? To sweeten the deal, this week's sponsor wins a prize from Freckled Fawn.


They're also offering free shipping for PDCC players--you can see the code on the blog. To play along, you can enter HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it!

Supplies
Cardstock: (purple) The Paper Studio; (True Black) PTI
Stamps: (Eek!) Technique Tuesday
Ink: Versamark
Spray Inks: (Blueberry, Graphite Metallics) Maya Road

20 comments:

  1. eeeek!!! this is so squee! love it girl...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I love this!!! You rock it Jocelyn!!! Totally cute... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That spider is just so awesome. Those eyes. Those fangs! Love him :)
    And you are crazy, sequin-puncher. What did those sequins do to you? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooooooooooo fun!!! I love love love that spider!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow totally fabulous...I love that spider...awesome card..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the spider and how you embossed it over the sprayed area!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those metallics are so funky Jocelyn! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not like spiders--but this little guy is just too cute:) LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Halloween card! I love the metallic confetti accent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is *the best* card Jocelyn! I love the black background misting, and you totally nailed the color splash! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so cute! Makes me wanna make a Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had to come see if that was metallic CS or what? Can't believe you misted that - where's the white? Too cool. And what's with punched sequins? Read ones aren't good enough for ya?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a COOL effect that misting spray creates! That spider cracks me up too! CUTE card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That spider is hilarious and I thought it was a rub on or something - that really is some perfect embossing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally awesome Halloween card! I hadn't seen Teri's spider, it's so cute! Amazing misting job, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I love the misting and the metallic sequins. The plum ones are so perfect for a 'splash' of plum! Just dropping by to say thank-you for the kind words on my blog!
    {Hugs} Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs