Thursday, April 18, 2013

All About You

Hi everyone! I tried to think of something clever or noteworthy to open my post, but I couldn't think of anything. I think I'm in a blogging haze. ;)

It's time for another CAS-ual Fridays Challenge, though, and this one is a great one. It's Michele's birthday during this challenge period, so the theme is:


Make a CAS birthday card (or project). You'll have two weeks for this challenge. :)

I went with a little scrappier my card:



True confession: I almost never make birthday cards. In fact, I typically only make "happy birthday" cards for publication. In real life, I use sentiments more like this one.

I started by stamping the sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays' Only You set. Then I stitched around the heart--even though I wasn't going for perfect stitching (clearly!), I was still sweating with the blind stitching.

I finished off the card by adding the cute Mini Wooden Hearts from Simon Says Stamp...I wanted the tip of the heart to point toward the "you." Here's a close-up:


There are three manufacturers' papers on this card (American Crafts, BasicGrey, and Carta Bella)...I was feeling brave. Ha!

The winner of the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge will win a whopping $45 from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps:


You can link up your birthday projects HERE.

I wanted to give a big shout out to Kim Hughes. Thanks, Kim, for picking my card for the May Guest Designer spot at Paper Smooches! Eek! I'll be back with some PS projects in a couple of weeks. :)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend.


Supplies
Cardstock: (Natural) My Favorite Things
Patterned Paper: (coral from So Noted) Carta Bella
Clear Stamps: (Only You) CAS-ual Fridays Stamps
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Ephemera: (banner, heart from Lucky Charm) American Crafts; (label from Maggie Holmes) Crate Paper
Embellishments: (wooden heart) Simon Says Stamp

12 comments:

  1. BEautiful card... love the heart stitches.... brilliant! hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty Jocelyn! I love the stitching, but I love even more that you said Happy Birthday without saying 'Happy Birthday'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Jocelyn. Love your use of patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!! LOVING that stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HUGE congrats on the PS gig! I can't wait :)
    I love this card - the stitching is awesome, and me too I love those sort of multi-purpose sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to ya! And I just love your card. The stitching is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet! I love the combination of papers, the stitching, and that tiny wood veneer heart! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jocelyn,

    I LOVE this card.The colors, design, and sentiment are simply fabulous!

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome, Jocelyn! What a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect in every way! The heart with the stitching around it is gorgeous!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely design, Jocelyn!! I adore the stitching you did around the heart--I love adding stitching like that!! And a huge CONGRATS on you GD spot over at Paper Smooches!! You will do an AMAZING job, I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the stitching and the little wood chip heart just puts this creation over the top! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs