Friday, June 13, 2014

Confetti Pockets

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great week! I finally got the draft of a big grant done, and I'm playing catch-up. Phew!

Kim shared my project using the Pocket Dies on the Paper Smooches blog today. I wanted to share how I made the pockets, so let's get down to it. :)

Here is the final project:

  Birthday Confetti Pockets

*sigh* Aren't the peonies pretty? They're from my mother-in-law's garden, and in reality, they look about the color of the violet papers.

To make the project, I first gathered my supplies:

Confetti Pockets


Paper Smooches Pocket Dies, Neat and Tangled Pixie Dust sequins, Project Life page protectors, Webster's Pages Sweet Routine papers, and Hemptique cord.

Next, I started on the pockets:

Confetti Pockets

I die-cut each side one at a time....I wasn't getting great results cutting both sides of the pocket at one time, even with a shim.

I then taped up three of the sides with washi tape. This step is important for stitching! Don't ask me how I know that. ;)

Confetti Pockets


I had to set my sewing machine tension very low and stitch slowly. I removed the washi tape along the way.


Next, I die-cut and stamped:

Confetti Pockets


I picked a few paper colors and ran all of the dies through at once to save time. I didn't use the largest flower in the Pocket Dies. I also die-cut and stamped two sentiments with the new Blissful Banners stamps and matching Streamers dies. That set is super cool!

The final steps for the pocket:

Confetti Pockets


I filled each pocket with die-cuts and a mix of sequins and then stitched it closed. As a tip, don't clump the flowers together for stitching. I did that and had to take out the stitching on one to loosen the flowers. They aren't really shakers, though.

I punched a hole at the top for the cord and tied the cord bow. Isn't it fun?

Here is one on a vase:

Confetti Pockets


I made a quick matching card:

Birthday Confetti Pockets

I attached the Streamers die-cut with foam tape onto one of the pockets, and layered some of the matching papers from the same Sweet Routine collection.

Here is a final shot:

Birthday Confetti Pockets

Thanks for making it through this *long* post!

Have a great weekend!


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) PTI
Patterned paper: (Sweet Routine) Webster's Pages
Stamps: (Blissful Banners) Paper Smooches
Dies: (Pocket Dies, Streamers) Paper Smooches
Impression plate: (Woodgrain) PTI
Sequins: (Pixie Dust) Neat & Tangled
Cord: Hemptique

9 comments:

  1. These are soooooooooo fun!! LOVING those pockets!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pockets especially all the trinkets inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally, totally adorable!!! Such a clever idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! So fun and cute! And yes, sigh...those peonies are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this pocket full of yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The peonies are beautiful, but so are the card and vase pocket! I love the confetti mixture of die cuts and sequins. So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beautiful papers and all the shapes you have used in your shaker pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING..what a lovely idea..love the confetti mix in your pocket..such a thoughtful gift. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs