Monday, November 14, 2011

Little Mittens

Bows and Berries' new challenge is to make a tag. Anyone out there making a tag? Anyone? Link up on the Bows and Berries blog. Yep, it's that easy. And while you're there, you can pick up the free digi and some other cool digis, too, like the Toasty Mittens stamp I used in my tag today:



It was so easy, I made a second one using the same Fancy Pants collection:




The stamp is actually a pair of mittens. To make the tag, I printed a pair of mittens and fussy cut the larger of the two to make the tag base. Since you can resize the image, you can make the tag any size you want (well, maybe not any size...let's be reasonable). Here's what the original stamp looked like:
 
 

I paper pieced the layers and then flocked the cuff. At first I was going to leave the tag alone (you know, be super CAS), but then I realized the the tag should be functional. Therefore, on the back I used some Waltzingmouse Stamps for the sentiments:


The paper is the backside of the double-sided paper. You could easily switch the paper and sentiments out to make a cute baby tag (you know, Three Little Kittens and all that jazz). I finished the tags off with May Arts ribbons (love their ribbon!). These tags were super easy, and you could easily mass produce them.

So, if you're making a tag this week or next, be sure to link up on the Bows and Berries blog. Also, check out my lovely design teammates' tags, too.

Thanks so much for looking! I really appreciate it!

22 comments:

  1. Jocelyn!!! Pure cuteness!! I love them.. Perfect for Chrissy tag!! Make me wanna rush to my corner .. Right now!! Very inspiring indeed my friend .. I love it ... Hugs ... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so pretty and fun!! Great idea to use the image as the tag!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute tag! LOVE that you have shaped it... you've got me thinking now! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute...these are going to look great on some gifts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute. love the colors of your tags.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I love that little popped up heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Love the papers and the popped up heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I LOVE those cute mittens!!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love the flocking you added to the mitten! (plus I love imagining your unreasonable mitten size--1/2 inch? 18 inches?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so sweet! What a great idea to make a shaped tag, I love it! (And my mind went in the opposite direction to Meg's... I was thinking mongo giant mitten! :P)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Be reasonable? You're no fun :( (pouty face) lol
    I love the flocked cuffs, and the ribbons - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very fun and perfect for the holiday season! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So darling! Love the idea of a mitten!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very CUTE!! Love these, Jocelyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh so adorable. fabulous tag idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, how cute are these?! I love the papers you've used, and the flocking is perfect (I have NO luck with flock, usually...maybe it's time to try again?).

    And like Meg and Linds, I'm imagining completely unreasonable mitten sizes :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute!! I love the card and your tags. That mitten is adorably cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs