Sunday, August 3, 2014

Smooth Sailing

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great weekend. :) I finally got my computer back (my computer was down for six days). Yeah!

I wanted to share a card that was on the Neat & Tangled blog earlier this week:

  Smooth Sailing

Pardon the greenish photo--like I said, I was without my regular computer and editing software. 

I die-cut a hole in a Webster's Pages Ocean Melody journaling card--isn't it pretty? Then, I stamped and paper pieced the boat from the Neat & Tangled Sailmates set. Love those polka dots!

I was going to hide the bottom of the boat under the banner, but when I was playing around with the Clouds set, I realized the woodgrain looked a little like ocean swells. I have no idea why I stamped the ocean in yellow--ha ha. Creative license I suppose. ;)

Smooth Sailing


I added Crystal Clear and Pumpkin Satin sequins at the top and stitched through them. I added a Twine + Ink puffy star....love those little puffy stickers.

Smooth Sailing

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great day!


Supplies
Cardstock: (linen white) Ellen Hutson; (white) PTI
Stamps: (boat, sentiment from Sailmates; waves from Clouds) Neat & Tangled
Ink: (Black hybrid) My Favorite Things; (Yellow Brilliance) Tsukineko
Patterned paper: (Ocean Melody) Webster's Pages
Die: (circle) My Favorite Thigns
Embellishments: (sequins) Neat & Tangled; (puffy star) Twine + Ink; (chipboard love) Webster's Pages

15 comments:

  1. I'm not sure now whether I've already seen this on their blog or on Pinterest but its just lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your designs always delight me and this one is no exception! I just love it! And everything else you do! Thanks for inspiring me! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Love those polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card! I've only just finished colouring a blue cat and a purple cat, so your yellow waves are fine by me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, the paper choices are fantastic and I love how you used the journaling card. So glad your computer is back up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah, too cute! I love the yellow ocean cloud, and that journalling tag is gorgeous!! Tell me where I can get some of those puffy stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! It's fun and beautiful all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the yellow sea!! Such a lovely design. I like how you stamped the boat on patterned paper and then cut it out. The sequins and star to the upper left are perfectly placed. Really adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so pretty .. Heart it my friend .. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, gosh, love this! It's always a pleasure to see your cards, and other projects, and the creative details you add, like the stitched sequins and yellow ocean... why not? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So if I was ever forced into sailing again ;) I think red polka-dot sails would be mandatory. What a perfectly sweet card -- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the paper piecing and overall design with such pretty paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs