Monday, October 3, 2011

Trick or Treat

Happy Monday! Bows and Berries has a new challenge starting this week, based on a Halloween inspiration pictures (see here). I decided to use the new "Thumbs Up Monster" to make lollipop covers for Halloween treats:


Now I had visions of cranking out 24 of these covers for my daughter's class, but after envisioning the kids ripping them apart in .02 seconds to get at the candy, I think I may be coloring this little guy in Photoshop for the class treats. [That's the great thing about digital images!]

Here's a close-up of the orange monster:



And here's a close-up of the yellow monster:


He is so cool! If it hadn't been a Halloween picture, I probably would have put him on a surf board or given him drumsticks (stay tuned for that!). But, I wanted him to hold something in the other lollipop cover, and since I am certifiably addicted to the toothpick flags the past few weeks, I made one for him to hold. The sentiment is from the PTI Tag-Its.

I don't normally let my 5 1/2-year-old daughter get near my Copics, but she wanted to help color the monsters. She did a great job! Here's one that she colored:


Isn't the blue and orange cool? I love it!

So if you get a chance, visit the Bows and Berries blog and try the challenge! There are some great inspiration pictures from the Design Team.

Have a great day! Thanks so much for visiting! :)

22 comments:

  1. These are genius! Could see why it might break you heart colouring these all by hand... just make sure you aren't there to watch the carnage of your beautiful work being torn apart by the little ones!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocelyn you make the cutest projects! What a great idea! Looks like a fun activity to do with kids. Your daughter DID do a good job coloring in her monster! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute...and yes! Blue and orange rocks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son is always after me to make things that are "Blue with extra orange!!" so yeah, of course that combo rocks :) She did a fabulous job - maybe she should colour the ones for class?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool is so right!!! So silly and fun, love 'em

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a super cute idea and I love your colourful monsters (especially the shading on the yellow one). Keep rockin' the toothpick flags and watch out for your daughter - you have competition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so adorable... I love the one your little girl colored.. she is a fantastic job..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving these Jocelyn! I agree about the photoshop coloring though--way to much time for the kids who just want the treats! :-)

    Also, this weather we're having is AMAZING! 80's all week! I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeek, these are SO cute, Jocelyn! I love the one your daughter coloured, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so adorable! So bright and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your daughter do a great job with coloring! These are cuties! A great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All three of these are super, Jocelyn! And I love that patterned paper with the candy corn on it. For a class set that might not be _fully_ appreciated, I can see going with Photoshop colouring. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH my JOcelyn... you're just amazing!! Love these cards... super duper cute!!!... blue and orange just rocked eh!!!hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are soooo adorable and I can't stop smiling! I always want to make treats for the kiddos too, but you are right, they just get ripped apart! Oh well, the littles one day will remember all the love their Mommy put into treats for their friends growing up! Fab coloring by your sweet one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SOOooo cute... can a monster be cute?? Of course! Great idea to colour in PS.. my learning curve is pretty steep there, may have to ask the master (when are you free?) So much to do, so little time...
    These are Super Bright Fun... the kids are going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My little one loves crafting too, and I agree that it can be nerve wracking, but he loves it (and I've got another project of his to share soon). Fabulous monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I certainly don't blame you for not wanting to color 24 of these just to see them torn apart by jamhands! But they are sooooo adorable (can't wait to see them as drummers). Love that fun label die shape.

    Wow, I don't even let any other adults near my copics, much less a 5 1/2 year old! What a nice mom you are!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hee hee, these little guys totally make me giggle :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. No shame in photoshop coloring for this situation, that's for sure! I love your little monster -- and the little monster that YOUR little (non)monster colored!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs