Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Deasy Designs

Happy Tuesday! Melania Deasy with Deasy Designs asked me to make some cards for her new digital release. I was so honored ( thanks, Deasy!). Of course I loved the super cute digi stamps she sent me that are available now HERE.

The first card I did layered one of the girls in the "Sweet Treats" set" with one of the window images in "Frame It," and here's what I came up with:

Day Full of Sunshine and Smiles-Deasy Designs


With just a little resizing of the images, they fit perfectly! I paper pieced the curtains, colored her in, and added a Hero Arts sentiment. 

For my next card, I used a different girl from the "Sweet Treats" set and the yummy margarita from the same set (yummy in my mind):

Cheers to You--Deasy Designs


This was a little more complicated, flipping the images, erasing the hat, layering the images, and creating my own sentiment. It was light-years easier than trying to mask everything with regular stamps. ;) I don't see a lot of people toasting with margaritas, but that's how it would work in my world. I love how she's winking. hee hee

For my last card, I made my own patterned paper using the burger image from "Sweet Treats." In a separate document, I layered the fries image on top of the billboard:

We Must Ketchup-Deasy Designs

I added a Paper Smooches sentiment that I thought worked perfectly with this set. For the background, I simply did a color fill for one burger and then copied the burger repeatedly to create a tile pattern. 

Like the stamps? Be sure to check out Deasy Designs--she's carrying clear stamps and has a digital line. 

I also wanted to add my exciting news from a couple of weeks ago. I was asked to join the Two Peas in a Bucket Digital Creative Team! I was so excited--you can't imagine. I started last week. While I'll share some projects on my blog, all of my projects will be in the Two Peas gallery (my gallery username is Jocelyn Olson--so original, right?).  

I have another crafty secret that I will be able to reveal very soon. ;) I know, I'm such a tease.... I'll keep you posted as soon as I can share.

Thanks!

Supplies
Day Full of Sunshine and Smiles
Stamps: (girl from Sweet Treats) Deasy Designs; (window from Frame It) Deasy Designs; (sentiment from April Showers) Hero Arts
Cardstock: (white) PTI
Patterned Paper: (red from Paper Cottage) Basic Grey
Markers: Copics


Cheers to You
Stamps: (girl  and margarita from Sweet Treats) Deasy Designs
Cardstock: (white, True Black) PTI
Patterned Paper: (pink from Summer Soul) Fancy Pants
Markers: Copics

We Must Ketchup
Stamps: (burger and fries from Sweet Treats) Deasy Designs; (billboard from Frame It) Deasy Designs; (sentiment from Vegtastic) Paper Smooches
Cardstock: (white, red) PTI
Markers: Copics

13 comments:

  1. Jocelyn....I love your creative card... Your idea is brilliant, it's super cute!! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these cards are so cute. I love the "let's ketchup" sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I just ADORE the first card! AWESOME!!! The second is so sweet love that little wink and I love the sentiment and background in the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I love that first image, adorable, and great coloring! can't wait to hear about what's coming up next for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute are these?! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so fun, Jocelyn! I love the sweetness of that little girl and I love all the fabulous sentiments you paired with each card. Melania is lucky to have you guest for her and HUGE congrats on joining the Two Peas Digi Team!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are soooo super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will happily toast you with a margarita to congratulate you on these cute cards (you really do rock digital crafting), your latest DT (and what a perfect fit) and one more "cheers" in anticipation of your upcoming news. :D But now with all that toasting, I've drunk it all and need another one. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...these cards are so cute...neat and loving the colors on them too... You rock Jocelyn!!! I miss ya... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. A big congrats on your Two Peas Gig! You are super amazing and will be so much fun to have on their team!
    ps these cards are sooooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No surprise that you've got lots of good crafty news :) So excited for you! I love all three cards - you've showed them off to perfection :) And, in my world, we would also toast with margaritas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so sweet! Congrats on your Two Peas DT! Well-deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! Another DT assignment! You go girl! That deserves a big ol' margarita toast! And a burger... which after seeing them twice on your blog today I'm off to cook!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs