Monday, January 13, 2014

On the Corner Blog Hop

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend!


Today, some crafty friends and I are having a blog hop using the Neat & Tangled's On the Corner set. This set was designed by Miriam Prantner, and it is so creative and different than any other stamp set I've seen--I LOVE that! If you're hopping along, you should be coming from the super-duper talented JJ's blog

I made two projects. The first is a card I made with my 3-year-old son in mind:


On the Corner Superhero Panda


I want to squeeze the panda! Since I have a little guy, I think my favorite sentiments are the "Super" and "Hero" sentiments. They are great for any super heroes. :)

For the On the Corner, I stamped, colored, and fussy cut the pole. I stamped the street signs a second time and popped them up with foam tape. I fussy cut the panda from the Superheroes patterned paper, and I die-cut the Memory Box moon and stars.

Since I went very boyish for my first project, I decided to show a more feminine way to use the set:


On the Corner Straw Topper


Truth be told, I was going to use the "Super" and "Hero" for straw flags (wouldn't that be cute for a superhero birthday party?), but I couldn't find a red straw. LOL!

I used some Love Notes papers, a sticker, and rosette to make the jar decoration. I stamped the sentiments on one of the papers--these sentiments are angled, which work great for flags. The flag on this straw has two sides:

On the Corner Jar Close-Up


I love how versatile this set is! You can check it out here.

As part of the hop, TWO people will win one of these sets. You can comment to win through Saturday, January 18th (winners will be announced on the 20th). You can comment along the way to increase your chances. :)

Jocelyn <--You are here!

Thanks for stopping by! Next up is my sweet and talented friend Joscie!


Supplies
Panda card
Cardstock: (yellow) Avery Elle; (white, Pure Poppy) PTI
Patterned paper: (panda, blue from Superheroes) Reminisce
Stamps: (sentiments, street signs from On the Corner) Neat & Tangled
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Marker: (Clear Wink of Stella)
Dies: (Celestial Bodies) Memory Box
Copics

Jar and Flag
Patterned paper, stickers: (grey, aqua, red stripe, rosette, pink label from Love Notes) Crate Paper
Stamps: (sentiments, street signs from On the Corner) Neat & Tangled
Ink: (Strawberry) Fresh Ink
Dies: (Cameo) My Favorite Things
Twine: (gold) Lawn Fawn

55 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card and what a cute little project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the panda is adorable! and the mason jars are beautifully feminine - love everything you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That panda is awesome! Love the mason jar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That panda is so stinkin' cute! Love the mason jar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute projects! Great use of the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jocelyn!!!! I adore these projects! The panda hero totally has me giggling. He is just so cute! And you are a genius to use the sentiments as little flags on the straws! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, the photo, the project the whole shebang is top dollar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to squeeze that panda too! Love the super hero card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an adorable card and I love the jars! I love how you went out of the card theme and shared a different way to use this set. Fabulous!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great totally different projects...the cute super hero goes so well with your signs and the feminine touch is great on the last.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jocelyn! You are sooooooooo fabulous! LOVE LOVE LOVE your card--- how cute is that super hero panda!!?!?!?! LOVE:) And your drink banners-- ammmmmazing! LOVE x100000! YOU ROCK <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the use of the panda in the sky. The layering is great. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jocelyn, gotta love the super hero panda!!! And your drink banners...AMA-ZING!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super sweet and cute! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So adorable! The Panda is so so cute! I love these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jocelyn, your card is absolutely adorable! Your son will love it! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness!!! that super hero panda makes my heart pitter patter!! i love it!! i have two little guys and they are ALL ABOUT super heros (i think it's in their DNA, since they've never seen a movie or show about them!! lol!). i LOVE the super and hero street sign! that's one of the reasons i love the set so much!!
    your decorated jars are beautiful! wow!! tons of pretty, pretty colors and dimension!! so amazing, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome indeed! Love your projects! The panda is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card & LOVE, LOVE your jars Jocelyn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The card is super gorgeous and love how you used the stamps on the straws, very clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute panda card and fabulous jars.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are beautiful!! LOVING those stamps!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your projects! I have 2 boys so I totally relate to the Super Hero thing with your son! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful---really am enjoying the creations made with this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are both fantastic, Jocelyn! I'm really loving the first one. That panda is the most adorable super hero ever! And in contrast, the jar decoration is sweet and pretty. Love how you demonstrated the versatility of this fun set.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree...super hero...just fits little three year boys! (My 3 1/2 year grandson had superhero undies when he came up this summer for a visit. Seriously, too cute!!) Your card is perfect!
    Hugs, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  27. On the corner is outstanding with your super hero panda in primary colors! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. From the cutest panda card to the most creative Jars. What ideas and talents are these. Shows more versatility for this awesome set.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The jars are over the top!! I like your super hero card and I know my grand son would too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jocelyn, your card is so super adorable and I adore your decorated jar...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your Super Hero card is adorable!! I love both of your projects! I have 1 set of Neat & Tangled stamps and would love more...especially this one! I see so many ways to use this set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Jocelyn I am sure your son will love these... Super cute project.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely projects! The panda card with those bold colors is adorable, super-terrific for a little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  34. oh GET OUT!!! I can't handle how freaking adorable that card is!!! And the jars are just too dang cute! Gosh, the whole team is just wow-ing me today! I MUST have this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love Super Panda!!
    Count me in please!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your panda card is so sweet! Love your jars as well.

    ReplyDelete
  37. oh my how totally cute.. great designing..

    ReplyDelete
  38. Totally cute panda! Loving these projects.... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awesome card ... love how you didn't use the whole pole! And that font looks so cute just on its own, like on your banner. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Two great projects. I love that the sentiments allow for more kid-oriented AND adult-themed use (very versatile) and using JUST the sentiment for other projects is another way to showcase their awesome-ness. P.S. I want to squeeze the panda, too.

    ReplyDelete
  41. love both projects and seeing both the male and feminine ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great projects - love the super hero panda.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Super job on your projects. The little bear is so cute and huggable. The container is decorated so fun...I love rosettes.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Super cute projects! Love this stamp set :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your card and straw pennants are both adorable. I really love the super hero sentiment stamped on the signs. This stamp set is so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Super-adorable projects!!! The little super-hero panda is too cute for words...and the straw decorations are so creative and pretty. Love what you did!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wonderful decorated straws, and that panda card - adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I want to feature your "Awesome" jar for Trendy Tuesday article for the blog at Paper Crafters Library. We'll be featuring creative use of paper straws. You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The image of your project will credit you and link back to your blog as well. If you do not wish to be featured for this article, just let me know. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs