I was invited to participate in this hop by four awesome bloggers (so honored!). They were featured last Monday (9/1), and I hope you'll check them out:
- Maryana All I can say is wow! Maryana has mastered a gorgeous layered style that I adore. Be sure to scroll down to her mini albums (double wow!). I also love her non-scrappy posts (like THIS fascinating post).
- Lindsey Martin-Penny I love Lindsey's CAS style, and her love of whitespace, red, cats, snarky sentiments, and heat embossing (you have to see her awesome heat embossing!). Lindsey also has a wicked sense of humor that always makes me laugh. :)
- Melania Deasy Deasy is a master of techniques--die-cutting, Copic-ing, watercoloring, stamping and inking. She does it all! She makes the cutest cards, and is the nicest person, too.
- Taheerah Atchia Taheerah's creativity blows me away. She does such a fabulous job mixing products and lines, and every card has at least one unexpected element. I love the inspiration pictures she uses for her Cure for the Monday Blues challenges!
Thanks Maryana, Lindsey, Deasy, and Taheerah for asking me to participate! As part of the hop, I'm supposed to answer several questions....
1. What am I working on?
I can't share everything, but here are a couple of sneaks...
A mini album coming (very) soon:
Working on getting this project blogged:
Using some brand new products:
Trying to figure out how to photograph a 12x12 layout:
2. How does my work differ from others in my genre? [Describe your style.]
I am primarily a card maker, although I'll try any kind of paper crafting project. In the last few months, I've made several mini albums.
I like to dabble in many styles, but my work has changed over the past year. Lately, I've been layering more, adding embellishments, and playing with patterned papers. Most of my projects include hybrid elements--I love the flexibility of digi. I also love stripes, yellow, pink, and grey (not together), stitching, spray mists, my Cameo, small embellishments, Copic coloring, stars, unusual sentiments, and lettering. [I feel like this part is sounding like the Pina Colada Song.] LOL!
These cards show my style: Mom, Hello, Make a Wish, Sweetie Pie and You Are Here.
3. Why do I create what I do?
It started out very practical--making cards so I didn't have to buy them in the store. Now, it's more about using the pretty supplies. :)
4. How does your creative process work? [Where do you get your inspiration?]
Like a lot of bloggers, I use my Pinterest boards. Many of my projects are inspired by the products....I move them around on an A2 base and see how they look. Sometimes it works, and sometimes I spend an hour staring at my supplies. Ha!
We're supposed to introduce three blog friends, but I have two. Both people greatly inspire me:
Wida Miller: If you haven't seen her blog, it's gorgeous! Wida has a brilliant mix of stamping and patterned paper. Her cards are "airy" and always chic. Her photos are the bomb, too! I love how she always integrates an unexpected element or design into her cards. It's always a treat to see what she comes up with. Wida is also a friend, and she is one of those friends who is always willing to help. She has such a kind heart, and she's super funny to boot. :)
Debby Hughes: I'm not sure there's much to say about Debby that hasn't already been said. Her work is stunning, and she's one of those people who never makes a bad card. I love her techniques and her ability to switch styles. Like Wida, Debby's photos are incredible! Earlier this year, I got to meet Debby, and she is incredibly kind and gracious. She helped me photograph a card for a DT deadline, and as I was taking my picture I thought, "How weird is it that Debby Hughes is holding a piece of cardstock backdrop so I can take this photo?" LOL! She's very down-to-earth.
Both Wida and Debbie will be continuing the hop next Monday (September 15th). Be sure to check out their posts!
Thanks for stopping by!