Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Fall Gratitude Journal

Hi everyone!

I'm up on the Glitz blog today sharing the beginning of a Gratitude Journal. I've seen some really cool journals, and I thought I would try it for a month. Hopefully I can keep up. ;)

Here's the journal:


Thankful--Gratitude Journal

The mini is hybrid, and many of the papers are digital, including some older collections. I mostly used the Glitz Black and White and Hello December collections. The sentiment on the cover is from the Carpe Diem Element Pack 3.

Here's a close-up of the cover:


Thankful--Gratitude Journal

The yarn and pom pom trim are from my deep, dark stash (at least 5 years old). I'm so glad I was finally able to use them!

For each prompt, I started with the phrase, "I'm grateful for..." and finished the sentence as my journaling. I cringed a little at some of the fragments, but I wanted to keep the journaling short.

Here are some close-ups of the tags:


Thankful--Gratitude Journal



Thankful--Gratitude Journal

The awesome giant rhinestone from the Glitz Black and White collection. I used the same Paper Smooches Leaves 1 Die and tag Toppers Die throughout the Gratitude Journal.

Here's the third day:


Thankful--Gratitude Journal



The fourth page has a lot of subtle layering--stickers, papers, tulle, tissue, vellum (pretty much anything white I could find). When the 77 foil sticker along the side hits the light, it is so pretty! I used a leftover leaf die-cut from the Rose cut-files


Thankful--Gratitude Journal

Here's the fifth tag:


Thankful--Gratitude Journal

Isn't that Studio Calico acrylic camera cute? I stapled the yarn in an Emily Branch style. 

I'd love it if you would stop by the Glitz blog and see the rest of the pictures. Thanks!! :) 

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies
Cardstock: (white Linen Essentials) Ellen Hutson; (vellum) Hobby Lobby; (gold glitter cardstock) Best Creations
Patterned paper: (Stripe paper from Black and White; Polka paper from Carpe Diem) Glitz Design
Dies: (Leaves 1, Toppers dies) Paper Smooches; (Inline Alphabet) Mama Elephant
Stickers: (Black and White Alphas and Accents; 77 Alphas and Accents) Glitz Design
Fibers: (yarn, pom pom trim, tulle) craft supply
Ink: (Letterman's Jacket, Opaque White Mister Huey's) Studio Calico; (Marigold) Lindy's Stamp Gang
Embellishments: ("4" from Number Badge Set) Studio Calico; (heart Giant Rhinestone Black and White collection) Glitz Design; (roller stamp) American Crafts; (sequins) Scraptastic Club; (leaf wood veneer) Crate Paper; (acrylic camera from the Jubilee kit) Studio Calico
Digital: ("Raven" Element Pack 2"Carpe Diem" Element Pack 3"Black and White" Paper Pack 2"Hello December" Collection) Glitz Design

10 comments:

  1. Grateful for this lovely creation!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like it so much!! So simple but so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love this! Your minis are always perfect. I love that they are really light and airy, but always have pops of color and great textures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my. Have I ever told you that I love everything you do? With a special emphasis to mini albums and journals... just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Such a terrific mini-journal, Jocelyn! I hope you continue to contribute to it, it would be such a great keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS mini journal Jocelyn - have FUN with your camera!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs