Monday, June 22, 2015

The Places You'll Go

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. For Father's Day, my kids made books for my husband using a Tinyme printable (this site has some cute printables). If you follow me on Instagram (@jocelyn_olson), I shared a funny drawing my son drew. :)

Anyhoo, I'm up on the Maya Road blog today talking about three different styles of embellished cards. Here is one:

The Places You'll Go


This card was a product sample for Maya Road, and I needed to use the necklace. The chain is long, and it's a heavy necklace, so this card took a bit of engineering to attach the necklace. I put the long necklace chain in the Maya Road Linen Treasure Bag and ran a few stitches through it. These bags are great for giving small presents are party favors (wouldn't it be cute for a pirate party?).

The cute Camera Clip was altered using gold liquid gilding...I'm addicted to gilding things! I used Crate Paper's Journey collection.

The Places You'll Go

I have two other cards on the Maya Road blog. I hope you'll swing by and check them out!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. REally fun and sassy, Jocelyn!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeously layered! The gilded clip looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jocelyn this is such a beautiful and fun card! luv the embellishments! it's perfect! CS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous ..Love the way you tucked in the necklace into this fun burlap bag ..totally fabulous idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! The colors are so pretty and I love how you used that little bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs