Friday, April 6, 2012

Teacher Thank You

 Happy Friday! I had a chance last night and today to make a card for the new Hero Arts' Challenge. I've been wanting to make a thank you card for my daughter's teacher for the end of the school year. Here's what I came up with:

Hero Arts Teacher Thank You

Yep, I went with some intense colors! I used the brand spankin' new Hero Arts Jumbled Type digital brush to make the background. I stamped the image repeatedly in different Spring 2012 Pantone colors, cropping the image each time, and then putting all of the strips into one document. I realized this morning that the strips weren't the same thickness, so I couldn't just print out the image. Duh! I ended up printing the image and then cutting out the strips. It worked out fine, just more work. ;)

Thanks to my mom for getting my sewing machine tension issues resolved, I was able to sew around the border. Then, I die cut a window and diecut a frame out of turquoise cardstock. I stamped "thank you" from the Year Round Sentiments set on the remaining star and popped it up with foam tape on the inside. Here's a close-up:

Hero Arts Teacher Thank You Close-Up

Thanks for looking! If you celebrate Easter, have a lovely Easter weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Awesome Jocelyn! I LOVE the bright colours...would brighten any teacher's day! Having the star die cut is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a super fun card! happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours and fun design! Oh, and stitching too, it's wonderful Jocelyn! Happy Easter, have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome teacher card! That image is so fun and I love the way you added the sentiment. Have a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These bold colours are fabulous! Love your card, Jocelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jocelyn this is so AMAZING...I love how you used this paper and that star is just awesome...great card and i love that stitching..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool and fun card! Thanks for explaining how you did it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really fun and cool and will be something different! It will totally be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so like your card and how you used the sketch and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun and fabulous card... Happy Easter Jocelyn.... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What would we do without moms? Hurray!
    I absolutely love the fun rainbow colours & the cut out? Brilliant!
    Happy Easter to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for digital brushes! :) And I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colours and I love the window. The stitching is a perfect touch.
    Hope you have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! This is an amazing card--LOVE the colors and the design! So happy you got your sewing machine tension fixed! HOOOORAY for your mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome take of the sketch.
    Love your tags at the current issue of paper crafts magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is wicked, Jocelyn! I sure wish I had a printer to design the way you do with digis. Awesome colour choices and stitching. I hope you win with this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs