Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Happy Travels Note Card Kit

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great week!

The Glitz Digital team is sharing projects on the Glitz blog today using the Happy Travels collection. The papers and element packs are part of the One Buck Wednesday at Jessica Sprague today. :)

I found THIS note card set on the Silhouette blog, and I decided to do something similar using the digital papers:



I know I'm always looking for ideas for paper crafted gifts, and I thought all of these items would work as a note card kit. There are the cards, envelopes, vellum confetti, and seals for the envelope.

Here's what the cards look like:



I say "cards," but I actually lazed out and only made two cards. ;) I started by re-szing two of the digital papers from the Happy Travels Paper Kit. I fussy cut one of the airplanes from the patterned paper. Isn't that plane fun? I used a cloud from Simon Says Stamp and backed it with the other patterned paper.  The cute sentiment is from the Up and Away stamp set.

For the background, I stamped the Hero Arts Tweed in white. I love the subtle texture! Here's a close-up:



I also made envelopes:



I used the same airplane paper as the card and printed on the polka dot patterned paper on the backside. I love that with digital, I can put whatever patterns I want together for double-sided papers.

The Happy Travels Element Kit has a cool series of vintage travel posters. I'm thinking about printing a few and framing them for my son's room. I did the opposite here, and shrunk them:



After printing and trimming the images, I stitched them together to make a banner. I thought that with the note card kit, you could trim off whichever image you wanted and use it as a seal on the envelope. It would also make a cute banner. :)

Lastly, I made confetti for the note cards:



I printed two of the digital papers on vellum. As a tip, I always use the "glossy paper" option when I print on vellum. I die-cut planes and hearts out of the papers.

Phew! That was a lot of pictures. If you're still with me, I wanted to mention again if you like the Happy Travels papers and elements, they're on sale $1 and $1.50 today only. Score! You can find them HERE.

You can see my project and other samples from the team on the Glitz blog. :)

Have a great day! Thank you so much for stopping by!


Supplies
Cardstock: (Rustic White) PTI
Other paper: (Premium Matte Photo Paper) OfficeMax
Digital elements: (all papers and travel posters from Happy Travels Paper Kit and Element Kit) Glitz Designs
Rubber stamps: (Tweed Background) Hero Arts
Clear stamps: (card sentiment from Up and Away) Mama Elephant
Ink: (Real Red) Stampin' Up; (White) WPlus9
Dies: (large heart from Large Holiday Shapes; small hearts from Mini Hearts Set; planes from Small Planes; clouds from Flat Bottom Clouds) Simon Says Stamp 
Tool: (Envelope Punch Board) We R Memory Keepers

14 comments:

  1. Awesome Jocelyn, love the cute plane and loose threads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff here, Jocelyn! Loving the little poster banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really went all out here, Jocelyn! This set is just amazing. The mini-banners on the spool are such an inspired idea! Altogether sweet set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the projects, specially that super cute banner made from the vintage posters! *cough*, I may need to steal, I mean CASE, that one for my son's bedroom, *cough* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so much fun! What a great little ensemble, you thought of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woot, woot...I love anything made with that envelope punch board! And those SSS airplanes? double woot:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so much fun... from card to the banners, love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rock on this one. Have you figured out a way to digitally sew yet?!?!? Love those mini posters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love love love these!! WOW wow WOW wow WOW!!! You are AMAZING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW WOW... Im so with Julie... These are just WOWZERS!!!Love them all Jocelyn! You rock!!!! hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute set! I love the white on white stamping, so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Honestly the sweetest, your stitching is perfect!
    Thanks too for the Luxe comparison, I just tried them for the first time myself and I agree they are fabulous..... I *know* I will need them all lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs