Thursday, September 5, 2013

Not Your Typical Back-to-School Card

Hi everyone! I'm not going to lie--I want to do some online shopping, so I'm going to make this post short. ;)

It's the first CAS-ual Fridays challenge of the term, and we have four new designers. Woo hoo!


It's a two week challenge to share your back-to-school projects.

I have little kids, but I made a school card for an older girl:



Other than the stars, I did all of the design work myself. In Photoshop, I simply used different fonts and colors to create the sentiment. I love the scrolly font for the "punch." hee hee

For the stars, I recolored the star image from One Little Bird's Crazy for You digital kit. I thought the stars worked with the back-to-school theme.

Here's a close-up:


Yup. Pretty non-traditional for back-to-school.

Do you want to make a school project? The winner of this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge will win a gift certificate to Ellen Hutson.


You can link up your projects HERE.

Have a great weekend!


Supplies
Cardstock: (Night) Paper Source
Digital element: (stars from Crazy for You) One Little Bird for The Lilypad
Fonts are from Dafont.com

21 comments:

  1. Fabulous sentiment and font choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not only a wonderful cardmaker, but also a hybrid rock star, Jocelyn!!!
    Fantastic card! Love how you designed your sentiment! :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not only a wonderful cardmaker, but also a hybrid rock star, Jocelyn!!!
    Fantastic card! Love how you designed your sentiment! :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this card is totally fab. The sentiment is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, that's AWESOME! I'm going to go punch today in the face. lol
    And YAY for shopping. I want to too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic! The fonts, the colors and the untraditional approach... love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cracked me UP! I could have used this card on MANY a school day gone by!
    (Can you please come to my house and teach me how to do digi cards? The thought of it FREAKS me.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, that's just what I would want to hear when I'm having a bad day! LOL! It would make me giggle. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TOTES Awesome, dude. Seriously. I love this card. I love this sentiment. I love that you are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jocelyn this is so super fun! I love the sentiment, you rock digital girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hee hee. Appropriate today, I think. Great card Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE THIS CARD! Perfect for so many occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You totally rock, you know that right? This is so flippin' awesome!! Love how the stars are for school, but also from getting punched in the face (in a very girly way, as noted by the font)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card...has quite a punch of color...how fun

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this! It works for any day--work or school! Or just stayin' home....

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the font combination! what a super fun card, Jocelyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is hilarious! It would be absolutely perfect for a teen girl.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGosh this would be so perfect for my co-workers on some days! lol. Love it. Hope you had fun shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. he he he.... FUN!
    What a pretty and FUn card hugs...x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs