Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Yours Truly

Hi everyone! Last week it was announced that I'm joining the new Glitz Designs Digital Design Team. I have been grinning ear-to-ear about it...I love Glitz, I love digital. It's just awesome.

So, what does being on the team mean? I'll be sharing the digital sets over at Jessica Sprague. It also means trying to keep up with the super talented design team members (I've been seeing their layouts--whoa! I've got to say, it's a little intimidating!)

This week on the Glitz blog, we're sharing projects using the Yours Truly collection. I made a couple of cards. I went ultra-CAS for the first one:



I used a digital journaling card from the Yours Truly Embellishments #2 and simply enlarged it. I wanted to do a little something extra, so I took scraps from Embellishments #1 (the yellow zigzag is part of a Polaroid frame) and the Paper Pack to frame the sentiment. Super easy! It was so quick and easy, I made three more for a card set. :)

Here's a close-up:



For my second card, I used the same three kits to make a more layered card:



For this card, I resized, printed, and layered papers and the Polaroid frame. *sigh* I love these papers. I wish I could wallpaper my house in that navy blue. ;)

For the ephemera, I recolored the text to make it more of a focal point. Here is a close-up:



Did I mention that the Yours Truly Embellishments #1 and Paper Pack are on sale for a $1 and $2. Seriously? What a deal! The sale is for today (Wednesday) only. You can follow the links above to find them.

You can check out my cards and the rest of the DT over on the Glitz blog. It would be great if you would leave some love over there. :)

Last week, I had a two-part giveaway. The winner of the first giveaway is:


The winner of the second giveaway is:


Thank you so much for your comments! Shelly and Richard, I'll be contacting you or you can e-mail me at redballooncards at yahoo dot com.


Have a great day!


Supplies
What You Bring
Cardstock: (white) PTI
Other paper: (Premium White Photo Paper) OfficeMax
Digital elements: (journaling card from Yours Truly Embellishments #2; navy and red papers from Yours Truly Paper Pack; yellow zigzag frame from Yours Truly Embellishments #1) Glitz Designs

Whatever You Are
Cardstock: (White Woodgrain) Simon Says Stamp
Digital elements: (girl ephemera from Yours Truly Embellishments #2; navy, grey, and red papers from Yours Truly Paper Pack; yellow zigzag frame from Yours Truly Embellishments #1) Glitz Designs
Ink: (Dandelion Fireworks) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (sequin) Hobby Lobby; (red transparency from Fact or Fiction) BasicGrey; (wood veneer star) Studio Calico
Marker: (Y13) Copic 
Twine: (red) Divine Twine


23 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW!! love the first card.
    Both are magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! Really like the second one:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word.. both of your cards are totally amazeballs!!!
    LOOOOVE them all!!!
    Oh my.. Glitz must be SUPER EXCITED to have YOU on their digital team!!! :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are seriously awesome, these are fantastic, how lucky they are to have you on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous...both of them...your digital work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, have you seen how expensive wallpaper can be? It would probably work out cheaper to print your own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rocked those digis, Jocelyn! That first card stole my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so HAPPY for you that you found a perfect fit for your digi talents. Yeah! These are all so fun, Jocelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply stunning :) and congratulations on ur Glitz design team :)look forward to see more and more inspiring digital creations from you

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous!! I love love love love the colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colors!!... Love both cards! Beautiful indeed! hugs....x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to you Jocelyn, I *know* you are going to rock Glitz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. super gorgeous and a big big congrats!!!!! You're wanting me to hop over to the digi side...these are over the top wow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love these cards! so excited to see what you bring to the team! congrats again!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glitz is so lucky to have you, Jocelyn -- you work wonders with digital! These cards just prove it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your first card Jocelyn. So, so pretty and I love the design :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs