Thursday, September 19, 2013

Grateful for You

Happy Friday! Any plans for the weekend?

It's been a while since the last CAS-ual Fridays challenge, but this one is a great challenge:


So, fall colors and include a leaf in your CAS projects. This challenge is a two-weeker.

Here's my card:


I started with stamping the Hero Arts' Painted Maple Leaf stamp with Distress Inks and misting it lightly. I fussy cut the leaf ad inked the tips. I stamped the sentiment from Technique Tuesday's I Give Thanks set (love these sentiments!). I splattered different spray mist colors in the background.

Here's a close-up:


 *sigh* Are you looking forward to fall or wanting more summer?

If you'd like to play along with this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge, this week's sponsor is Simon Says Stamp.



You can link up your projects HERE. I hope you'll play along!

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies
Cardstock: (Cranberry Crush, Oatmeal) WPlus9; (white for leaf) PTI
Clear stamps: (sentiment from I Give Thanks) Technique Tuesday
Rubber stamps: (Painted Maple Leaf) Hero Arts
Inks: (Spiced Marmalade, Antique Linen on edges; Persimmon, Aged Mahogany, Barn Door Distress Inks) Ranger; (Chocolate Chip) Stampin' Up
Spray Mists--various
Silhouette Cameo

28 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE this Jocelyn - FABulous stamping & inking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card !!!! Love it... hugs..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Jocelyn! The colours on the leaf are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeee that leaf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card! That leaf looks absolutely amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhhh! That leaf is so beautiful, Jocelyn!!! The shine makes it look just like a leaf that fell from the tree under the rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!! I think one of my new favorite things about fall is all the fun cards you can make :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That leaf looks ah-may-zing! Gorgeous and the fussy cutting is perfect! It really looks like a real leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love round cards! your leaf is beautiful with the splatter behind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the splats and splatters, tiny details letting the leaf take center stage. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous :) I like the color splatters :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning! The circle base is just fabulous - and that LEAF! holy moly. I'm stoked for fall, but I know I'm going to miss spending so much time out in the sun. As for plans for the weekend - Fall Fair weekend :) We'll be on the go all day tomorrow with market, parade, Show & Shine, farm demos...awesome fun stuff :) I hope you have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful, Jocelyn! What a gorgeous job you did on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh is this pretty! Love the ink treatments -- the palette is gorgeous -- and the circular shape. Thanks so much for your kind words for my back-to-school card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful inking Jocelyn! I really struggle with shaped cards but this one looks so fab I might have to give it another go :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful inking and love how the leave falls nicely on the circular shape!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SPECTACULAR card Jocelyn! The shape of the leaf and the shape of the card are perfect together. Beautiful colors too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning! The leaf looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Really neat!!! Would have never guessed that the leaf started out as mere paper.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm finally catching up on blog posts and this one just caught my eye! Love the round card, the splatter and the fall color palette. Gorgeous, Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm happy because Summer is just round the corner for us, my condolences to you though.... (ps your leaf is fantastic)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous! The leaf is amazing - perfect on a circle card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs