Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Raven

Hi everyone! This is my second post of the day. If you're looking for my Newton's Nook Designs post, please click HERE.



This week, the Glitz Digital Team is sharing projects with inks, pains, and mists. I'm up on the Glitz blog today with a project using the new Raven collection:




Okay, first of all, can I say how much I love this collection? I'm a big fan of Halloween papers, and this collection is probably my favorite. Ever. The papers are Halloween-ish, but they could be used for any season (like the papers I used here).

I started with the raven image from the Element Pack 1 and sprayed a digital mist behind him. Then, I used a digital brush from the same Elements and stamped it twice to off-set the sentiment. Once I was done printing the image, I splattered some Mister Hueys over the image. Here's a close-up:



For the Raven papers, I splattered some mist on the stripe, but I thought the triangle paper could use something extra...

I've never lit paper on fire (for a card), but I decided to try it. I used photo paper, which seemed to slow the burn time, and it gave the edges just the right distressing. Strangely, my husband didn't even question why I was standing over the sink lighting the paper with a lighter. ha ha

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Have a great weekend! 


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) PTI
Digital elements: (stripe paper from Raven Paper Pack; triangle from Raven Elements Pack 2; sentiment and raven from Elements Pack 1) Glitz Designs at Jessica Sprague.com
Mist: (Opaque White) Mister Huey's


17 comments:

  1. Spectacular!! These colours are so vibrant! I might be a tad scared but I need to try that burning technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, love it! Fab raven! The papers and stitching are perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those vibrant colors and your digital bird image is wonderful!!! The burnt edges look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the burn! Fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, he's seen you stamp with corn, I'm pretty sure he knows when crafting is happening. Ha! This is such a great bold card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, loving all the texture on this card with the burnt edges, sewing and sprays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally going to start burning cards! :) Love the layers of patterned paper and your stamping is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool! What a great image and papers too. I really don't make Halloween cards but I so enjoy seeing them. The burnt edges are awesome but I think I'm gonna talk myself out of trying it because I'm envisioning it not turning out quite as well for me as it did for you. :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous hybrid card, Jocelyn! love the misting and that burn is perfect! not sure if i would ever be allowed to do that though... =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spooky spectacular card :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can do anything Jocelyn! LOVE this fabulous card, especially the bird. And another doh moment for me, why didn't I ever think of burning the paper edges... we used to do it for school projects but that was so long ago, maybe that's why I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this card, Jocelyn! And really, do husbands question anything we do with paper anymore? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowwwwwwwwww!! This is awesome!!! I am IN LOVE with that raven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh, this is FABULOUS! Love that you aren't afraid to burn the edges of your paper! Your card has me looking forward to fall and a spooky Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely LOVE this, Jocelyn! the burnt edges look soooo cool :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs