Friday, September 27, 2013

Wild & Free Blog Hop

Hi everyone! Today, the Glitz Digital Team is having a blog hop!



We're showing projects using the new Wild and Free collection. Here's the line-up for today's hop:


Jocelyn Olson <--You are here!

Okay, if you haven't seen the Wild & Free collection yet, you *need* to check it out. Seriously. The kit has so many great elements and papers--there are tons of possibilities!

I'm sharing two hybrid cards. First up:


For this CAS card, I simply resized the fab Wild & Free patterned paper for the background. I recolored the background of the "wander" sentiment from Wild & Free Element Pack 1 to layer on the white background. There are several sentiment in the kit that would work well for this same design. :)

Here's a close-up:



*sigh* Isn't that paper gorgeous?

For my next card, I did more layering:



The "LOVE" journaling card started out white with an ombre (top right in the picture below):



First, I printed the pink and yellow Wild and Free paper. Then, I recolored the journaling card black and white in Photoshop to increase the contrast. Finally, I traced the image on my Cameo and die-cut it.

For the layering, I added some papers from the collection and hand-cut tissue paper for the edge. I also added a little splatter in the background with some mists. Here's a close-up:


Want to win the full digital collection? Just leave a comment, and comment along the way to increase your chances! Or, you can buy the Wild and Free kit at Jessica Sprague HERE. :) It's such a beautiful collection!

The next stop on the hop is the super-talented Kym! Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies
Wander
Cardstock: (blue) Stampin' Up
Other paper: (Premium Matte Photo Paper) OfficeMax
Digital elements: (paper from Wild & Free Paper Pack; sentiment from Wild & Free Element Pack 1) Glitz Designs

LOVE
Cardstock: (White Woodgrain) Simon Says Stamp
Other paper: (Premium Matte Photo Paper) OfficeMax
Digital elements: (papers from Wild & Free Paper Pack; journaling card from Wild & Free Element Pack 1) Glitz Designs
Mists: (Pink Guava) Maya Mists; (Dandelion Fireworks) Tsukineko
Twine: Lawn Fawn
Silhouette Cameo

25 comments:

  1. Wow, they're both fabulous!!! Cool paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! That first one knocked me right over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects! Wild & Free is on my list of most favorite lines ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are pretty darn awesome, these are gorgeous, but that first one, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..love the design and colors of both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is a collection of terrific design, I am falling in love with all the digital creations of urs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What you can do with digital never ceases to amaze me, Jocelyn. The papers and elements you've used are gorgeous to start with, but then you just take everything to the next level. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, can I say ditto to what Lindsey said. I look at that hodge podge of digi images and am totally overwhelmed. You pull out a piece here and there and make beauty. Talent, girlie. Talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *sigh* these are gorgeous! I love love love love those colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is a great kit, too. Thinking of some southwest pages to scrap of my sons in AZ with their grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are fabulous, I kept looking at the first one for a while, so original. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome hybrid cards! The first one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are both amazing! The second one is actually my favorite of the two. I love how you die cut the sentiment and layered it. Love the wood grain cs base too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cards are beautiful! I love the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both so amazing Jocelyn! I knew you were a perfect fit for this DT and you have not disappointed at all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely and stunning cards!!! You rock! hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous cards Jocelyn - love the designs and colours!!!
    I have never tried digital scrapping and didn't know that you could create cards too - thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Do you mind me asking what kind of printer you have to have to print these papers? I have a feeling it's pricey...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs