Thursday, November 14, 2013

Cashmere Dame Note Card Set

If you're looking for my Newton's Nook Design's post, please click HERE.

Hi everyone! I'm on the Glitz blog today. :)


This week, the digital team is sharing projects using the Whatnots. The Whatnots are die-cuts that are printed on heavier, glossier paper. In digital form, some of the shaped embellishments are Whatnots.

I haven't done a project with Cashmere Dame yet, and I've been wanting to use this fabulous collection. As part of my Christmas presents, I made a note card set:


I started by embossing all of the card bases and adding mist.

The Cashmere Dame Whatnots I used were the four different girl elements as well as the yellow and black frame. For each card, I removed the center of the digital frame or transparency, and then I clipped the girl Whatnot to it (Control-G if you want to try it). I printed the framed image, a mix of papers, and the longer ephemera to layer underneath.

Here's a picture of each one:


On this card and the card below, I also added stickers from the traditional Puffy Stickers (the yellow zigzag and the "girl").

Here's the next one:


For the next two, I used the yellow and black Whatnot frame:


And last up:


When my husband saw them, he said "Whoa, that's a lot of pattern." Yep, lots of patterns--that's what makes them fun. :)

If you missed the Cashmere Dame collection when it was released in paper but still want to use it for cards, you can get the collection HERE. Be sure to check out the Glitz blog to see the other Whatnots projects.

Have a great day. Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies
Cardstock: (White Linen) Ellen Hutson
Ink: (Overdue, Inky Black, Taxi Mr. Huey's mists) Studio Calico
Digital elements: (all elements from Cashmere Dame digital collection) Glitz Design
Stickers: (Cashmere Dame Puffy Stickers) Glitz Design
Dies/embossing: (Striped Impression Plate, Tab die) Papertrey Ink

10 comments:

  1. They are so fun! I love how bright and colorful they are, love the stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are heaps of fun Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwww! These are gorgeous!! I love love love those vintage girls!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love these! they are stylish and fun!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW these note cards are simply gorgeous!!! And I love this collection from Glitz too!!! Beautiful!... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! As I've said before, no one does vintage-with-a-modern-twist better than you, Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These card design just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE these, Jocelyn! So bright and fun... and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely creations Jocelyn! Love each one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs