Thursday, November 21, 2013

It's a Jumbo Thank You

Hi everyone! Ready for the weekend? Getting ready for Thanksgiving? We had snow today, which made it feel a little more like the holidays. :)

It's time for a new CAS-ual Fridays challenge:


The challenge is to create a project with eight of one item (e.g., sequins, colors, papers, etc.). I went with eight letters on my card:


CFC-121-J.-Olson-B01

I used a sentiment from Another Thank You and heat embossed it with some glittery blue embossing powder. I love how the color shifts with the embossing (and by the way, I love this embossing powder--I've had it for 5 years and it still embosses without stray flecks). I simply layered the image over some patterned paper.

I still had the felt flowers on my desk that I used from my last post. ;) Ha ha. Do you do that, too?

Here's a close-up:


CFC-121-J.-Olson Thank You CU


ETA: I'm linking up my card in the Runway Inspired Challenge. I think the background, pink flower, and pattern work with the gorgeous image:



If you would like to link up to this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge, the winner will receive a gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp:



You can link up your projects HERE. I hope you'll play along. Eight is great! (yuck, yuck, I couldn't resist.)

Thanks so much for stopping by!


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) PTI
Patterned paper: (black and white from Simple Surfaces) Cosmo Cricket
Clear stamps: (Another Thank You) Stampin' Up
Ink: (Versamark)
Embossing Powder: (Firecracker Blue) Sparkle and Sprinkle
Flower: (felt flower) Prima

14 comments:

  1. Ooo that glittery blue embossing is totally fabulous with the sweet felt flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eight letters? Genius! And your card is amazing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the blue sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously <3 this!!! Of course, I do love me some top-quality heat-embossing. ;) What an eye-catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab - so eye-catching!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning.... Love the blue embossing! hugs....x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that gorgeous sparkly blue sentiment and that fun flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Jocelyn. I love that big bold sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Pretty! Love all the glitz on the sentiment and the flower is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, Jocelyn!! Your CAS card is such a treat to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. flawless stamping, pretty flower. what more can I ask for?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs