Thursday, November 28, 2013

Glitz Finnley Blog Hop

Hi everyone! If you're in the U.S., happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you're enjoying a good meal and some time with family and friends.



To celebrate Thanksgiving, Glitz Design is having a blog hop! Both the traditional and digital teams are sharing projects with the Finnley collection.

With the holidays right around the corner, I made a gift box and tag with a present inside. First up is the box and tag:

Winter Gift Box


I started by printing the gradient charcoal grey paper from the Finnley Paper Pack. Using a scoring board, I folded the paper to create a box lid and bottom that is A2 card-size.

For the tag, I resized and printed one of the layering papers in the Finnley Element Pack #2. I die-cut the tag and tag topper, and I printed and fussy cut the floral grouping. I cropped the letters from the Element Pack #1 to create the sentiment.

Here's a close-up:

Winter Gift Box Close-Up


I made the pom pom using my new pom pom maker. My daughter and I had fun making several of them for decorating presents. :)

So what's inside? I made two notepads for my mother-in-law:


Glitz Finnley Notepads


The pretty flowers come from a journaling card in the Element Pack #1, and I paired them with my own sentiment. I layered four different papers as backgrounds. 

I trimmed and then gummed the top edge of the papers. Here's a close-up of the inside:


Glitz Finnley Notepads Close-Up


I'll be sharing a step-by-step photo tutorial next week (there are a lot of photos--I thought too many for a blog hop), so if you're interested, please check back later next week. 

As part of the hop, Glitz is giving away the Finnley collection--one paper and one digital to two lucky winners! The winner will be chosen randomly from the entire hop, so to increase your chances, you can comment on the other blogs. Be sure to only comment once, though. :)

Here's the line-up for the hop:

Jocelyn Olson <--You are here!


Thanks for stopping by! Next up on the hop is the fabulous Karine!


Supplies
Cardstock: (Steel Grey) My Favorite Things; (white) Avery Elle; (lightweight photo paper) OfficeMax
Digital elements: (all papers and elements from the Finnley digital colllection) Glitz Design
Font: (Sante Pro) MyFonts.com
Embellishments: (yarn) Hobby Lobby; (aqua sequin) Avery Elle; (enamel dot) My Mind's Eye
Dies: (Timeless Tags 2 Dies) WPlus9; (Toppers Dies) Paper Smooches


20 comments:

  1. these are just adorable....what a cute gift idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love!! LOVING the pompom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift! Perfect papers for a mom or mom-in-law, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! The box and tag are gorgeous, but I can't wait to see how you created those notepads. They look fantastic, so special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is an amazing project. I love the hint of ombre

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gift you've prepared )
    The tag looks very bright and colorfull with this box, great for holiday gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome gift! I am definitely interested in the how-to as the only thing I have successfully gummed (up) are my scissors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so practical and versatile use of this collection! Love the tag and pretty note cards... a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful gift set ! hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh!!! It's so pretty Jocelyn! Very beautiful creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely design! and great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your ideas!! thanks for inspiring! I love the name Jocelyn also - my oldest is named Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a beautiful project, Jocelyn!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs