Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Warm Wishes

Hi everyone! It's day one of Newton's Nook Design's November release, and we're sharing projects using the Snow Day set.


I've been building my stack of Christmas cards. Even though Newton's Nook already had their holiday release, I'm using their November release for some of my holiday cards. This month might be my favorite release yet! You can check out the full release on their blog.

I'm fickle with my cards. I couldn't decide which images to use, so I made two shaker cards. Here's the first one:


I used the super cute penguin in the Snow Day set for this shaker card and colored him with Copics. I added a few of the snowflakes and a sentiment from the set, too.

Here's a close-up where you can see the penguin, sequins, and glitter inside the shaker.



Okay, truth be told, I kind of messed up on this shaker. I used craft foam to create my ring between the stamped panel and the acetate. Unfortunately, the foam wasn't quite thick enough for some of the sequins. Doh! I must have tapped this card 50 times trying to get some of the larger sequins to drop to the bottom of the card. Lesson learned--check the thickness first!!

I used a second image from the set for a second shaker card:




Yeah, acetate is hard to photograph. For this card, I used the bear snowman--he's so cute! I used the same snowflakes and sentiment from the Snow Day set.

Here's a close-up:



Would you like to win Snow Day? This set will be given away to two lucky winners!

 Here's how to win:
1. Comment on Newton's Nook Design blog.
2. Comment on the Design Team member and guest blogs (see the list below).

You have until Thursday (11/14) at 9 pm CST to comment, and the winners will be announced on the NND blog on Friday.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team and the guests!

Jocelyn Olson <--You are here!

Have a great day! Thanks so much for stopping by!


Supplies:
Cardstock: (white) PTI
Patterned paper: (trees, green, blue circles from It's Christmas) Webster's Pages; (red candy stripe from Silent Night) October Afternoon
Clear stamps: (all stamps from Snow Day) Newton's Nook Designs
Sequins: Avery Elle, Simon Says Stamp, Hobby Lobby
Dies: (Circle STAX) My Favorite Things

31 comments:

  1. Oh Jocelyn, your shaker cards came out cute as a button!! I love the elegance they behold, giving these little cuties center stage! I love your use of sequins - I used faux snow on my last shaker card and that was a disaster, lol -- you taught me something new today to use - Thank you for the inspiration!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! Totally cute cards! I love the shakers... and I've totally done that before - gotten them stuck at the top and such. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'm loving the mix of sequins in the shakers. That little penguin is my favorite image from this set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shaker cards have me convinced to give them a try! And the images you've selected are absolutely adorable! Wonderful day-brightening, happy-making showcase of the new release! Thank you1
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are my favorite so far!!!! LOVE the shaker cards! And the new images are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this sweet card!! Such a FUN Design!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable shaker cards...love the clean design too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg these are so adorable!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are simply too cute! Love that they are shaker cards. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shaker cards! :D They're both so adorable, Jocelyn. And I'd go with a story that you wanted some of the sequins to get stuck. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooooooooooo cute!! LOVING those sequins for the shakers!! Pinning!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super duper cute!!! Love the sequins shakers!!!! Awesome... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute cards!!! I love the sequins :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are really fun! I like the brown nose and ears on the bear - like they're sticking out of the snow - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun shaker card designs! I agree with Jennifer Jackson - the brown touches on the snowbear make me think he let his friends cover him in snow and he's about to give a good shake. LOL =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I looooove shaker cards and your ones are perfect!!! Such cute images in the new release, and I adore what you made with them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute shaker cards...and a super cute stamp set!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too cute. Love the shaker cards with matching sequin colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really don't think you can get cuter then this!! Love these so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both of your cards. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's impossible to pick a favorite but that penguine on ice skates is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your creations! Thanks for sharing and the opportunity to win the beautiful snowman set!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards! Love the sequins and the darling images!

    ReplyDelete
  24. im so happy im not alone... i always make my shakers too skinny and the sequins get stuck! but they still look adorable!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. ha ha ha!! LOOOOOVE your shaker cards!! and yeah...i'm in the skinny shaker card club! good to know it happens to the BEST of us, too! ha ha! i think my favorite part of the snowbear card is that you colored the ears and nose a brown, like he was peaking out of the snow! love it!!! so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs