Sunday, November 24, 2013

Why Is There a Cow?

Hi everyone! Happy Monday.

It's my last post with Paper Smooches SPARKS. :( It's been such a great team! I want to thank Kim for giving me a chance...she is such a sweet person. Savannah has been a fantastic DT Coordinator, and I'll miss my awesome teammates, too. The new SPARKS team will be fab, and I'm looking forward to seeing their projects.

This week, it's the Picture Perfect challenge. Want to see the inspiration picture?



I was instantly drawn to the yellows and the balloons. My card had a few lives, but here's what I ended up making:



I stamped, colored, and fussy cut the cow from Green Acres. For the balloons, I masked, stamped, and colored a balloon from the Hullabaloo set. That set has probably been my most-used Paper Smooches set...I love it! I originally was going to put the balloons wrapped around his tail, but then they looked like some strange gas. Ha ha

For the background, I misted on white paper with a variety of mists, and added a sentiment from Group Hugs. I hand-cut the top of the denim paper to add a little dip...I'm digging that hand-cut look lately. Here's a close-up:



My husband saw the card when it was almost done, and at that point I showed him the inspiration photo. He asked, "Why is there a cow on there?" LOL! I figured it was "big" like the sentiment...I think I over-thought it. ha ha

If you'd like to play along with this week's SPARKS challenge, you can link up your projects HERE.

You can see more inspiration from my fab teammies:


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!!


Supplies
Cardstock: (white letterpress), (white) PTI
Patterned paper: (denim from About a Boy) Echo Park
Clear stamps: (sentiment from Group Hugs; cow from Green Acres; balloon from Hullabaloo) Paper Smooches
Copics
Mists: (Taxi, Opaque White, Custard mists) Studio Calico; (Lemon Zest) Tattered Angels; (Tangerine) Lindy's Stamp Gang


16 comments:

  1. Love every little quirky detail of this Jocelyn! Great colouring on the cow and balloons, great misting and love the denim paper to ground him! Your husband makes me laugh though, lol! Tell him it's artistic license. ;-) I will miss seeing your creations for this team!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuteness !! Loving your interpretation !! So original!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jocelyn, this is so cute. Love the card and the behind the scenes story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveeeeeeeeee this!!! That cow is adorable and love love love the balloons!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL..dontcha love it when they ask questions?!
    I love your take on the inspiration and her snout {is that what it would be called?} is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Why is there a cow? One should never ask husbands their opinion! They don't get the deep crafty connections that are made in one's mind. So cute, I love the stitching and all that great misting! You did an amazing job this term Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! I totally love that there is a cow. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB stamping, stitching & colouring Jocelyn!!! Will miss your PS Sparks inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHHHHHHHH MY goooooooooooodness! I didn't even see the misting in the photo you sent me! I love it! I love that you hand cut the bottom piece--- and thank goodness you didn't leave the balloons near his tail! LOL! That would have been super funny though!

    And oh my goooooooodness#2--- I totally didn't see the sentiment was connected to the photo too! LOOOOOVE it even more;)

    I have had such a wonderful time having you on the team! It was a pleasure getting to know you better-- and an honor to work with you! You are amazing--- I've loved each of your emails!!! It was like opening a present-- if I saw an email from you I would open it immediately! Of course then my jaw would drop, and I was blown away! LOVE LOVE LOVE:) Thanks for all of your hard work! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you have won the award for best blog post title ever. :D I love the multi-misted background, the denim paper (must find some!) and that cow!!! Such a great card. I'll miss your SPARKS inspirations, Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your sense of humor is like no other, cute, funny well made and well photographed. can't want much more than that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, silly husbands :)
    I love your post & your awesome card! Although I gotta say, now I want to see one with the 'strange gas' balloons ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally got why there was "cow" right away... that's funny that your hubby didn't! Very fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, Damian just saw this and screamed, "Hey, that cow has a square nose!" and burst out laughing. This is just the cutest! I love the denim ground and misted sky. Great colours!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs